Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Saving the World

Here's a quote that resonated with me strongly yesterday:
"The rule is that you don't have to save the whole world all by yourself.  Because there are millions of starving people in Africa, don't think that you have to feed them all, or that you have to heal the many sick people in India all by yourself.  It is a naive, "do-gooder" idea that you have to save the world.  Just do the task alloted to you, even if it is small.  Every one of us is given something to do in life, and if that is done well, then you will find that the Light-force can function correctly within you, and that is more beneficial to the world than overdoing everything and collapsing."  --Imre Vallyon in Planetary Transformation (p. 113)
When I was younger I really wanted to save the world and ended up feeling as if I was falling short of what I was "supposed to do."  Lately, I'm more content sharing a smile, finding compassion in a difficult moment, or sharing what I have in the moment.  Though I don't want to shirk my responsibility or potential, I find solace in the idea that the task alloted to me is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment