Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Days Are Getting Longer

moonrise near Durango, CO
(another fleeting moment I was lucky to have)
Today I was out and about, helping a friend out by feeding horses and putting chickens to bed and a thought struck me with a sudden fierceness.

The days are getting longer. In a short 3 months, they'll start getting shorter again. I need to live this as fully as I can right now.  I need to enjoy each day's light while it's here. 

Maybe it's the devastating news from Japan.  Maybe it's hormones.  Who knows, but the truth of the thought can't be denied.  What I have today is fleeting.  It's a gift.  How much nicer my life is when I appreciate that fact.  I'm hoping this particular awareness won't itself be completely fleeting!  I'd like to savor the preciousness of the seasons, but also small moments, and the span of a life. 

1 comment:

  1. Time is fleeting!! Enjoy the little moments. :)

    ReplyDelete