Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Creative Inspiration

I woke up at 4 o'clock yesterday morning with a creative solution to a problem.  I'd been chewing on the problem for a while, and the day before, I'd had two interactions with people that seemed to stir something in me.  I didn't quite know what it was, but I had that feeling of "there's something to that."  As I lay in bed trying to convince my body to go back to sleep, I noticed a thought.  It was an elegant yet fun solution to my problem.  It seemed to come from nowhere, but I began to piece together what had transpired the day before and realized the significance.  I also acknowledged that I'd been open to discovering an answer for quite some time.  I got up and jotted down some ideas, made some coffee, tidied up ye ol' barn apartment, and headed out to the 5:45 yoga class.  Throughout my practice I was energized by the idea.  It wasn't merely about my personal problem, it was a YouTube video and a fun writing and art project. 

I love how creativity works!  Be willing to create something (in this case a solution), be receptive to the world around you, be patient, pay attention to the random thoughts that jangle around in your mind, and don't be attached to a creative outcome having the form you thought you were looking for (wanting a solution, ending up with a fun project). 

Up next...my thoughts about turning creative inspiration into reality.




No comments:

Post a Comment