Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

God


These days, it seems like anytime someone writes about God, they end up giving a lengthy description of exactly what they mean and don't mean by saying that.  And give the reader a list of alternate words to substitute "when I use the word God" like creator, Great Father/Mother, etc.  Just so no one gets goobed out I'm thinking. 

Mostly I just want to use whatever language I want to use and not have to explain myself, but I find myself explaining myself all the time over little things. Hmmm, the word God is pretty loaded and doesn't really fit into the "little things" category does it?  I guess I'll go ahead and get it out of the way.  What I mean when I say God I mean.

First, what I don't mean.  Not talking about a white bearded man in the sky.  Here...I'll let George Carlin explain what I'm not talking about when I say God.  It'll literally only take a minute.  You can even stop listening at about 40 seconds to get the idea of what I'm not talking about...


Honestly, I want it to be simple.  When I say God, I mean the divine thing we all know in our deepest selves to be true.  I'm gonna leave it at that for the time being.  The key to that sentence is the IN OUR DEEPEST SELVES part.  That is the tricky part.  But if you get as deep as you possibly can and meet God, that's what I mean when I say God. 

Ha, maybe I'll expound more later, but if you would be so kind as to comment on this post, I think we can get a lively discussion going. 

btw--How did you like all the sentence fragments in this post?

7 comments:

  1. Funny that you should write about this...just yesterday I was having a conversation with a co-worker and I mentioned something about Jesus and she said that most of the world doesn't believe in Jesus. I disagreed, because in my thinking, Jesus = God = Abba = Yahweh = Buddha = etc. That's my take on it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically, last night I watched 'George Carlin: It's Bad for Ya' on Netflix and then today I read this post on your blog referring to him. I think the man was a genius.

    I have always felt God could only be found deep within ourselves. No-one can tell us how to feel or believe. We are all on our own path, only we can decide which path to follow. They may all lead to the same destination but we have to walk that path ourselves and not rely on the paths others have taken to get us where we want or need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, Hear hear!(or is that here here!?) I love the visual image of millions of unique paths-with their own inner wisdom-leading to the same destination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that video. It's nice to find someone who looks internally for spirituality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this post. I can relate to all of it. Even the way you talk about not wanting to explain yourself, yet you constantly do. Haha idk I'd love to chat with you sometime if you're interested. It literally sounded like me talking when i read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there head full of gears. So sorry, just got your comment to post. You sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete