Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Writing Desk

I posted a picture of my writing desk on the "About" page of this blog.  Here's another view. Lately, it's been reminding me of trust.  See, I temporarily moved to a new town to help a friend out and to take a break from my life and business in my old town.  Like many people only do in their 20s, I packed up my car and brought only what would fit.  As I settled into my new apartment, I was grateful for the furnishings my friend provided, yet I was wishing I had a desk for my computer.  After pondering my lack of a desk for a couple days, I mentioned to my friend that I wished I had a desk.  "Oh, how funny, I saw a desk on the side of the road just this morning."  Turns out, someone was moving and had put it out in the trash.  My Honda Accord isn't really equipped as a desk hauler, but a friend of my friend was over at the time and offered her pick up for my scavanging efforts.  A drive in the country and one wrong turn later, I came upon the "garbage" pile and discovered my new treasure.  It's a lovely desk.  I try to remember to soak in its lessons-that I am supported and provided for in this world and the power of the kindness of strangers (who sometimes don't remain strangers-thanks for the truck loan JM!).

No comments:

Post a Comment